Monday, January 3, 2011

Building a Fort–Day 2 & 3

So, a whole day to put in one post was discouraging.  It didn’t seem to speed up much from there.

On day 2, I straightened the one post and put in concrete.  My brother Doug came to help me, and we got 3 more corner posts put up.

_MG_2894

Day 3: Built the floor for what will be the second floor and put the slide on; which ended up being too steep in that spot.

_MG_2898

_MG_2899

That night Christi and the kids came home, and I had a firework shower lit up high in the fort so that they could see the telephone poll sticking up and the firework going off as they drove into the driveway.  They were excited even though it was only about an eighth  of the way done.

Then we took a 3 day break for Christmas Eve, Day, and the rest of the weekend in Thatcher.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Amazing, I can't wait to see when its done. Lucky kids.