Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coyote In The Hay

After seeing an owl in our backyard, I was inspired to pay a visit to a nearby parliament of burrowing owls.  As I rode up on my bike this lone coyote trotted up and didn’t seem to have much regard for me.  It keep about 20 yards away at all times, but didn’t seem to mind me being there.  It roamed around, presumably looking for the owls nests.  These burrowing owls are great at distracting you with their calls as they try to lead you away from their burrows.

_MG_6461Canon EOS 7D w/ EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x
ISO 800, 380mm, f/5.6, 1/50 sec (Cropped)

This coyote stayed around for a while and eventually took off to the other end of the hay fields.  It was at sunrise and it was close enough that I wish I wouldn’t have had the 2x extender in, but I didn’t want to take the time to take it out in case it took off.  I’ve got some great owl shots coming next, Seattle, and some family portraits of the Robinson family.

No comments: