Monday, August 30, 2010

Forgetting to Breathe

In my “complex” world I get caught in the trap of forgetting to breathe.  There is so much going on when I look all around me, and it can get overwhelming very fast.  Which leads me to holding my breath.  For what?  No reason really… just because I can.  It ends up making me even more confused until I don’t know which way to start heading or which direction to dig to find my way out.

Confused

It seems like it’s not until I’m out in the clear with some space that I finally remember to expand my chest and feel my ribs creak while I JUST BREATHE!  Just simple breathing.  Not too fast, and not too slow.  Just deep, steady, and calm.

breath

All of the sudden life can seems simple again and I can feel peace and balance in my world.

IMG_0245

Why can’t I remember to just breathe sooner?

1 comment:

Christi said...

Ummm... I just noticed... breathe has an e on the end.