Thursday, October 14, 2010

Savannah and Camrie

Out of all my kids, Savannah is the most anxious to pose for pictures.  She’s been wanting to do a photo shoot with a friend for a while, but timing hasn’t worked out since she has synchronized swimming on the evenings when I do my photo shoots.  Finally a Saturday lined up and Savannah got her friend Camrie to come model with her.  Savannah is also the family member most interested in photography next to me.  I love it!  You can check out her blog here: http://savvysmiling.blogspot.com/  In fact her latest blog is about the chair we used below.  She bought it at a yard sale specifically to use for photography  :)  I think she has a great eye too. 

I had hoped to get out and try some locations around town, but we ended up spending most of our time in the yard here.  Girls and flowers just go together.  Here are some of my favorites from around the yard:

_MG_7417

_MG_7545

_MG_7593

_MG_7595

Becca came along for part of it too and I caught this one from afar while she was sitting on a ladder in the sunflowers.

_MG_7498

We had a little time left before the sun went down.  So, we headed over to this street I found that has a bunch of random paint stripes on it.  They must use it for testing or cleaning stripe painters.

_MG_7680

_MG_7729

_MG_7750

_MG_7768

I can’t help but play around with the pictures.  I’m sure that I’ll eventually develop some standard styles that I use as my core, but for now there are so many options.  Here are a couple that I liked when playing around with black and white.

  _MG_7577

_MG_7694

I’m so glad I have daughters that are patient and like to have their picture taken.  Thanks Savannah, Camrie, and Becca.

I’ve officially set up my first family portrait shoot for next Saturday.  I’m excited!  I also had a few eBay bucks that were going to expire.  So, I’ve ordered some different light modifiers to play around with.  More toys!  I can’t wait… but they’re shipping from China.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I love them! As soon as you learn how to work SERIOUS miracles with a camera, then I'll agree to be a model!