Friday, September 24, 2010

Birds in the Backyard

One advantage to having a ton of trees is that we also get a lot of birds.  Here is a dove that was repeatedly going off for more twigs to build a nest.

Nest

IMG_0839 
Here is a sparrow that was posing like an eagle.  I figured out after this shot that the CPL filter is not the best thing to have on when capturing birds.

IMG_1129

I’m not sure what kind of birds these are.  Does anyone know?  I thought this was a cool one of his ruffled feathers.

IMG_1278

IMG_1292

Then there are the hummingbirds.  When I was out taking pictures of this one, there were 3 different humming birds flying around chasing each other.

IMG_1463

I love having a backyard with a lot of birds.  As long as they don’t eat the chicken food.

1 comment:

Christi said...

But they DO eat the chicken food! I'm glad you've captured them. I love all the living things in our yard!