Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Simon and Rebecca Become Models

I had a blast last Saturday night as a secondary shooter for Jen and Ryan’s Wedding.  Leah was so great to let my inexperienced self join her and watch her work the magic.  I learned so much from her in one night.  It’s 10 times better than trying to learn from a book.  Leah is so great at making people feel at ease and letting their real smiles out.  That was the first big “Ah Ha!"  Then there was the lighting…. talk about tough.  The whole thing was outside.  So, we had to deal with sharp shadows cutting right across the wedding and very low lights once it got dark.  Did I mention that it was fun?  I can’t wait to do it again.  I’ve got a ton of pictures I want to post, but I’m learning Lightroom right now.  I want to wait until I can use Lightroom a bit better before I post the wedding photos.  I’m sure Leah will have some soon. 

In the mean time, I’ve turned Simon and Rebecca into my models and used them to practice on.  Here is my first slide show made in Lightroom.

Here are a few photos of Rebecca that I’ve been working on in Lightroom also.

_MG_6066

_MG_6069

2 comments:

Christi said...

For some reason I can never see the videos that people say they have posted. Hmmm...

Ginny said...

I love them!