Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Traditions

On top of reading a Christmas story to the kids every night, my awesome wife has brought along a couple of other Christmas traditions to our family.  Every year she frets over getting just the right ornament for each child to open on Christmas Eve.  She looks for something that represent something significant for that child from the last year.  We also get one for us.  Typically we try to find one on a trip.  Here are few examples.

_MG_1435The first year that Caleb went on a hunt

_MG_1428Savannah’s first Christmas ornament

_MG_1454Becca’s ornament the year we got Lucy

_MG_1422The year Josh was in Chess Club

_MG_1424Jonah’s ornament of tools – the sentiment was in how helpful he was at that age

OrnamentsTrips Christi and I took

You get the idea.  We used to have less meaningful decorations, but with six kids and nearly fifteen years of marriage under our belts the less meaningful decorations stayed in the box this year.  It’s about time to get a second tree…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff I love your site. You two are creating some very meaningful memories for your children.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I don't have a google account, so the reason for anonymous. There are times when I would be better off being that way, but this is Kathy Mullenaux. Just wanted to let you know I am proud of you and Cristi. By the way, I bought me a new Alston Sisters CD to put in my car and it is my favorite listening music...not to be replaced by any other. I LOVE that CD. I wasn't going to share the one in my house...which should be worn out.

Kathy said...

I LOOOOVE this post! It really looks like a lot of care went into each of those ornaments. And the kiddos look so pleased!

Jeff said...

Thanks to both Kathys. Thanks for adding great memories to my life too. Where would I be now if I hadn't had a great primary teacher who scratched my back to keep me calm in church?