Sunday, December 5, 2010

Recital, Photo Shoot, and Party

A busy day yesterday, we had Savannah and Rebecca’s piano recital, a photo shoot with the Anderson family, and the ward Christmas party.  The photo shoot went well, but I could have done better with the recital and Christmas party.  Someday, I’ll get over the feeling that I’m flying a commercial airliner when I don’t even have a pilot’s license.  I bring my camera to events thinking of all the great photos I’m going to get and then feel to sheepish to stand up and move around to find the best shots.  Someday….

Rebecca and Savannah did great at their recital.  They’ve come so far in piano.  I was going over the costs of piano lessons with Christi yesterday and questioned whether or not it’s worth it.  I didn’t have piano lessons and I turned out fantastic!  But, I don’t play the piano well either.  :)  I know Christi will say that she knew it (because I often play the devil’s advocate in these situations), but hearing good piano playing does make it worth it.  It makes me want to learn too. 

Becca opted for video.  So, I only got pictures of Savannah playing.  Here is the ONE angle I got from my seat.  Don’t you wish I would have moved around?

_MG_1516

The Anderson’s photo shoot went well.  It was a different experience with no little kids.  I could tell them to smile, take the shot, and not have to take any more of that pose in case I had to swap heads.  But I did it anyways, because that’s the way I’ve operated so far.  Note for next time:  Don’t need as many pictures if the picture will turn out the same as the previous.  I’m still going through them, but here is a glimpse of where we did the shoot (our yard).  Christi and Simon were out helping scout spots to set up.

_MG_1533

Our peach trees have some great yellow and red leaves right now. 

My photos from the Christmas party aren’t even worth posting since I DIDN”T GET OUT OF MY SEAT!

I remember listening to a motivational speaker during some All-Star Games in high school.  There were probably four of five hundred high school seniors in the auditorium.  The speaker had a brand new brief case and asked if anyone wanted it.  Immediately, a kid jumped up out of his seat and ran up and took it from him.  The speaker gave it to him.  The lesson was that when great opportunities come along you can either sit there and watch it go by, or you can act reap the rewards.  I foresee a New Year ‘s resolution (starting a month early) to get out of my seat more.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I like that resolution. If you want to get out of your seat... go for it! I'm usually quite content in my seat, unfortunately. And I'm not even thinking about saying "I told you so" about piano lessons.