Sunday, December 5, 2010

Color Treatments

Thanks again to the Anderson family for letting me practice with their family portraits.  I’m trying a slightly different work flow.  I had been posting low resolution proofs online for viewing.  This time, I gave the Anderson of DVD of the full resolution of the photos with minor color correction and cropping.  This should allow them to better decide which pictures they’d like me to touch up further since you miss some things in the low res versions.  I did forget to give her examples of different color treatments that I have though.  So, here is this post on that. 

Chris/Monica,  These are just some of the color schemes that I have.  Let me know if there is something else you’ve seen or that you know of and I’ll see if I can find it or do it myself.  These are fairly easy to apply.  So, I can apply color treatments across any of the photos you want on top of the other edits.

Note: For those interested in the color treatments, these are all Lightroom presets either from the standard set that comes with Lightroom or that I pull off of lightroomkillertips.com.

2010 Anderson Family-30-EditThe Standard – This is what is on the DVD I gave you with some background touchup (#30)

2010 Anderson Family-30-Edit-2Twilight (Lite)

2010 Anderson Family-30-Edit-4Hawaii Five-O (Strong)

2010 Anderson Family-30-Edit-5Fairytale

2010 Anderson Family-30-Edit-6Cold Tone

2010 Anderson Family-30-Edit-7Cream Tone

2010 Anderson Family-30-Edit-3Lightroom’s Standard Black and White

2010 Anderson Family-30-Edit-8Antique Gray Scale

The portrait that you liked of the Cook family with the sun behind them was actually done with “Hawaii Five-O (Medium)”.  Too bad we didn’t have enough sun out for the backlighting you wanted.  But here is an example with the color treatment on the ones we tried with the overcast sky in the background.

2010 Anderson Family-142-EditThe Standard – This is what is on the DVD I gave you with some touchup (#142)

2010 Anderson Family-142-Edit-2Hawaii Five-O (Medium).

2010 Anderson Family-142-Edit-3Hawaii Five-O (Strong)

I like this last one.  Hopefully, this gives you some ideas.  This is all practice for me, and appreciate your family’s time and help.  So, let me know if there are any questions or anything else I can do to help.  It’s all fun for me.  Thanks again!

No comments: