Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shake-n-Bake With The Cooks

This weekend I did a photo shoot with the Cook family.  We’ve known the Cooks for about 10 years and became great friends when the lived one street over from us in our first house.  The Cooks have a lot of spunk and action.  I’ll post some great family football shots later.  This is just a preview though and it’s going to take me a few days to finish processing the rest.  I couldn’t help but start on them though.  They were a lot of fun.  Here are just a couple I’ve worked on to hold me over until I can do the rest. 

I like this one.  Tyson and Angie look like they know what’s going on and the kids seem to be pondering what the lines on the road could mean.

Cook Family Portraits-366

Like I said… they’ve go spunk!  They even shared their touch down victory dances.

Cook Family Portraits-407

I learned a lot during the shoot and then learned tons more after we were done and I could process it all.  I felt like I had a solid plan.  I scouted the locations ahead of time and we shot a two different locations.  I remembered to get some shots from up high, as Christi always reminds me, but I should have used higher angles more.  I’ll talk about it when I post some more pictures with examples. I wish I would have used my flash and umbrella I had brought along.  I need to create or better find the light I want if it’s not already there.  I still think my biggest hurdle is rushing and worrying about settings instead of seeing what is going on in the picture.   I have too many picture great pictures except that one person has shadows across their face.  Oh well, I’m still learning.  The one thing I know is that I will get better.

Cook Family Portraits-683-Edit-3

1 comment:

Julie said...

Adorable!!! Miss you all!!!