Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Learning to Clone

So, I’m still working on the Cook’s pictures.  I’m relearning the cloning tool in Photoshop to change out some back ground.  Here is a quick look at one that I’ve done.

Here is the before:

Cook Family Portraits-286

And the after:

Cook Family Portraits-286-Edit

My composition was too tight on top, so I added some more grass above Tyson’s head.  After doing this though, I found this website on cloning: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/03/30/the-ultimate-guide-to-cloning-in-photoshop/  I think I’ll go back over this again and see if I can make the background blend a little better.  I see some spots where there are recurring patterns and others that are sharper than they should be for blurring off into the distance.  It’s a pretty amazing tool though.  The better photographer would have set up the shot though so that they didn’t have to clone out a background… :)

No comments: