Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My First Photography Assignment at Work

I’m a Mechanical Engineer by training, but have been doing technical supplier management for the last 11.5 years.  My boss is currently letting me take 20% of my time to do a stretch assignment with the media center at work.  Last Thursday, I got my first solo assignment.  Our regular photographer is off in Asia doing shoots at a bunch of new factories there.  They needed a quick turn around on some HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography done on one of the building here in Arizona as well as some pictures of some new solar panels that had been put up.  I got to spend Thursday afternoon taking pictures!  I talked security into giving me a tour around since I wasn’t familiar with the buildings and even got them to let me up on the roof for some more pictures.  This media center does animation, web and graphic design and video on top of photography.  I talked to some other in the group and it looks like I’ll be learning Maya and Flash also.  I’ve done some Flash before and played around with 3DS Max, but Maya will be new.  I’m excited!  It’s a great break from the norm at work.  One step at a time.  It’s hard to be patient though when I can’t wait to see what my future holds.
Can you guess what this is?

IMG_1040f/5.6   1/80   ISO 800
Canon EOS 7D with ‘EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6L IS’ at 55mm FL with –2/3 EV

2 comments:

Christi said...

A bike chain on your wife's bike that you fixed? :)

Jeff said...

It is a chain, but not from your bike. I only had to air up the tires on your bike.