Sunday, November 21, 2010

On The Hunt

Nope, I didn’t see a single one.  Elk, that is.  I didn’t have a tag, but went along for the fun with three of my brothers and several friends.  It was a blast!  I could have done without the sore feet and lack of shower and bathroom, but It was a great opportunity to practice photography.  Even though I didn’t see any elk, I did see several deer, a fox, birds, bugs, trees, stars, sunrises, and sunsets.  I had time to practice painting with light, HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography, panoramas, and astrophotography.  I have a ton of pictures to post, but I’ll have to break it up into several posts.  Here are some pictures of the main reasons I went.  My brothers, friends, hunting, and wildlife.

I took this one on a tripod with my fancy dancy wireless remote hidden in my pocket.  (Doug, me, Tommy, Ryan)

_MG_1241

We spent a lot of our time glassing the hills (looking through binoculars) for any signs of elk.  I like this panorama that I stitched together of Doug and Tom doing just that.  You can click on this one to see it in a larger format with more detail.

_MG_1122-Edit-Edit

Here are some of my other favorite pictures of us “glassing the hills.” (Eric, Miguel, and Tom)

_MG_0984

_MG_0985

_MG_1067

Hunting pictures wouldn’t be complete without the weapons…

_MG_1091

_MG_1090

and some wildlife…

_MG_1009

_MG_1291

I’ve still got plenty more to go.  Next post.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Can't wait to see the rest....I love that you were shooting while they were wanting to shoot...Doug wanted to take a camera....I'm so glad you had yours!