Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Zoom Blur

Here is another technique I tried out while out hunting.  It’s the Zoom Blur.  Basically, zooming in our out during an exposure that’s long enough to let you capture the motion.  I used a tripod for mine, but you can do it free hand or even use your own side to side, up and down, rotate, zoom in, zoom out, or any combination of movements during an exposure to make some cool pictures.  I liked the pictures I had seen of trees with this zoom blur because it makes them look… Aaaaaaah…  That’s a full chorus of angels Ah-ing.  I tried zooming in, zooming out,with the sun behind the tree, beside the tree, etc.  Here are my favorites from this experiment.

_MG_1217

The more blurred or closer I got, the more abstract it became.

_MG_1189

This last one made me think of a spider web since the bare branches just continued to multiply and weave together during the zoom blur.

_MG_1202

No comments: