Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Working at the Zoo

Today was a team building/volunteer work day.  We spent the day at the Phoenix Zoo with children from the Crisis Nursery which provides care and support for children threatened with abuse, neglect, or homelessness.  It was a lot of fun to watch the kids get excited about the animals.  We had five children in our group and I found myself counting a lot to make sure they were all there.  Habit grown from having six of my own… I guess.  I took my camera along and the kids helped me find the best angles and views of the animals.  They really liked being able to zoom in on the LCD and see the animals up close.  It was an exceptionally fun work day.   We weren’t allowed to take pictures of the kids or I would have gotten a group shot.  Here are some of my favorites from the day.

_MG_0246

_MG_0238

_MG_0125

During the walk around we had questions and did kind of a scavenger hunt with questions about the animals.  Then we ate lunch with the kids and had some party games with just my coworkers after the children from the Crisis Nursery had to leave. 

I couldn’t help but laugh at this antelope trying to take on this huge longhorn bull.  The bull didn’t seem to mind and played back fairly gently.

_MG_0161

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I love the one of the spidermonkeys! -Savannah