Monday, November 29, 2010

Pictures from Thanksgiving

I’m kicking myself for not breaking out my camera during the Thanksgiving festivities.  I still feel silly toting around this huge camera and trying to look like I know what I’m doing with it… especially at family functions where I should be taking snapshots… not minutes to set up a shot.  I’m going to have to keep my pocket camera handy in the future so that I can whip it out and still capture the moments.  I really should have taken some pictures of all the food too.  I think we counted 26 pies at the Alston feast.

Anyways, here are a couple of my other favorites from our Thanksgiving trip.

_MG_1388[3]

_MG_1360-Edit[12]

For these photos, I applied a new preset (Wedding Fantasy) I found for over at lightroomkillertips.com.  This last picture of the saguaro skeleton was a mixture of HDR (high contrast surrealistic filter in photoshop), pulling the sky from of one of the darker exposure, and apply the wedding fantasy preset above in lightroom.

2 comments:

{Savannah} said...

shweet! who was that with the butterfly?

Jeff said...

It is Anne. I think she said they found it on the ground. Seemed a bit cold out for butterflies. I'm surprised they found it.