Tuesday, December 7, 2010

You Can See It In Her Eyes

What do you think?

_MG_4075-2

I’m uncomfortable working too much on pictures of my wife in Photoshop because she is already beautiful and perfect.  But I have to practice somewhere.  In between my photo shoots and edit sessions (starting touch ups on the Anderson family pictures tonight), I’m doing additional photography and Photoshop training when I can.  The latest training I’ve done has been on touching up eyes.  For the picture above I:

- adjusted colors
- removed the old catch light and added a new ones. 
- whitened the whites and removed reds in the whites
- touched up the pupil
- enhanced the color of the iris slightly
- added a sharper contrasting edge around the outside of the iris
- added some more eye lashes
- added eye liner

Definitely not something to do on every picture.  Here is the photo without the eyes touched up.

_MG_4075

The next lessons also included touching up lips, teeth, skin, eye brows, etc.  I think the coolest part is adding make up in Photoshop.  Crazy what you can do.

No comments: